A Tale of Two Hams
Dear Friends, Family & Neighbors:
We have quite the lineup for you this week.
First up: we have two awesome hams available for this week. We have a peachwood-smoked half ham with tangerine, rosemary, and mustard glaze from the very talented charcuterie masters at Smoking Goose. We just have twelve of these hams in stock, so if you're interested, grab one now- (you can always order it and continue to add things to your order right until the cutoff). This pasture-raised ham is fully cooked, boneless, approx three and a half pounds, and is already glazed. So all you need to do is heat it up. We also have a bone-in spiral-cut party ham from North Country, and this is also fully cooked and delicious. We have plenty of those available. Either way, you are in for a treat. Lamb: we've got boned, rolled, and tied lamb leg roasts, lamb chops, racks of lamb, and ground lamb. So there are many ways to get down with lamb if you'd like.
We have a limited amount of Tina's pasture-raised organic eggs back! Tina is my good friend and farmer in Hanson, MA and her pretty, multi-colored eggs come from chickens that get all the love.
Imagine your Easter dinner menu- it could go something like this:
- Grab a Peggotty Provisions Grazing Box (charcuterie, cheeses, crackers, nuts, jam, olives, pickles) and some raw Chatham oysters to snack on during the day, or go the raw fish route and get the Tuna Poke with Ponzu and Crispy Shallot Furikake
- Make your first course our Green Garlic & Potato Vichysoisse, our spring take on a classic potato and leek soup (it was such a big hit we brought it back this week)
- Try one of the aforementioned amazing hams- or if that's not your thing, grab a Giannone whole chicken, dust it with our Peggotty Garlic & Herb rub, or get a bone-in Prime Ribeye for Two
- Serve your protein with our Rosemary, Garlic & Parmesan Polenta, and some steamed or roasted Delta Queen Asparagus- simple and perfect
- Round it out with some beautiful locally farmed greens and our Chardonnay Dijon Vinaigrette
- And don't forget dessert: we're making Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting, and we might also make some little Lemon Mousse and Berry Pots....(stay tuned for those to potentially appear tomorrow)
- And treat yourself to real, really good chocolate: let the kids eat cheap chocolate bunnies, and get something special for yourself from Mrs. Mekler's Mercantile.
And remember to check out our Early Spring Produce section: we've added many more beautiful spring vegetables! Think Ramps, Baby Artichokes, and Fresh Peas. Or just order a Spring Produce Box, and let us pick for you. That way, you won't forget to eat- and seriously enjoy- your vegetables!
Almost forgot to talk about brunch. Two ideas for you: if you haven't tried the Shrimp & Grits Kit, do it now: it's so easy, and will make a brunch you'll still be talking about next year. Or grab some NY Orwasher Bagels, Catsmo Smoked Salmon, and Cream Cheese. Other killer brunch items: our Apricot, Almond, and Pepita Granola with Toasted Coconut is back, and so are the "Hillbelly" Breakfast Sausage Packs from Smoking Goose. Bossy brunch is clearly in your future here.
See you soon,